1/2/08

Shut the Duck UP! goes to the Mummers

Happy New Years everybody! I hope 2008 brings happiness to the Shut the Duck UP! campaign and all its supporters. I hope everyone had a wonderful new years eve and day. I personally didn’t stay up all that late on New Years Eve...I had to go to sleep so I could get up early for my next Shut the Duck UP! protest! Heres what i did...

I woke up early around 8 AM to head over to the Mummers day parade to stage a big New Years protest against the duck boats. I love the mummers parade. The music and the outfits are great and its a blast to be with my fellow Philadelphians!

I did the usual stuff For my protest I brought my sign and my megaphone and even crushed some quackers for the crowd who gathered to watch those mummers strut their stuff. I handed out a whole bunch of flyers and talked to a lot of people about Shut the Duck UP! It was a lot of fun and Shut the Duck UP! got a ton of publicity. Even though the mummers were so much fun to watch, I feel like Shut the Duck UP! stole the show.

So...another successful day for Shut the Duck UP! I can’t wait to see what 2008 brings for the campaign. Stay tuned for more Shut the Duck UP! news!

Happy New Years!
Walt

6 comments:

argento987654 said...

yeah like the mummers sound so much better than the ducks...give me a break!

cranberrynose4 said...

lay off...protesting at the mummers is awesome!

pumpkinpierflier3 said...

What is your New Years resolution, Walt?

ashmobile0800 said...

yeah Walt, whats your New Years resolution?

Walt Sherman said...

Its to Shut the Duck UP! of course! Thanks for all your comments!

Sincerely,
Walt

beagleboy1 said...

I saw you there. It was awesome.