11/1/07

So Excited!

Hi! I'm so excited: Things are finally paying off after three years of hard work. I've been lobbying to shut down the Ride the Ducks tours for what seems like forever and people are finally starting to pay attention to my work an other annoyed people in Society Hill and elsewhere are jumping onto the cause and we're getting some great publicity. My friend helped me set up this blog as a way to reach even more people which I am really excited about. Also, a while back a fellow Duck crusader designed the greatest logo, you can see at the top of my blog. And another thing is the no quack zone in Society Hill that got passed a while back. That was a really nice victory!

And saving the best thing for last, some film students from Drexel University decided to make a documentary about my work and me. We finished up the filming or wrapped it up I guess I should say :) about a month ago and I haven't seen any of it yet but I know it's going to be really good. I don't know exactly when it's going to be available on Utube but I think sometime soon. Apparently, the kids said they got an A for the project-I'm not so surprised they were really talented!!

Weve also started getting a lot more petition signatures. People really identify I think with my many problems with the annoyance of the Ride the Ducks tours and that makes them like me. They are so so noisy and don't take into account the people that actually live and work around here. It's really ridiculous. Well i think that's it for now... I'm going to be posting here regularly so check back a a lot for updates. If you are interested in helping with the Shut the Duck Up! campaign contacting me through here is probably the best way to reach me. Thanks for reading! :)

8 comments:

Craig said...

Finally, a blog worth posting on! Thank you, Walt, I’ve been waiting for someone to do something like this for years, there’s just something about that quacking noise that drives me through the wall. It’s not just the quacking that gets to me though, have you seen these tour guides, conducting the “quack orchestras”, come on now, these are grown men. I think these guys are taking their jobs a little too serious. Anyways, I have to get back to work, I just wanted say thanks and good luck on the campaign against the Duck Tours, I’ll be checking in to see how your campaign is rolling. You’re doing a great service to the community. SHUT THE DUCK UP!
- Craig

lindsey said...

Mad props, Walt. It's about time someone actually takes action. I'll stay posted for updates.

phil said...

Get this video on the air! I've been hearing those annoying quackers for far too long. It's time to put a stop to them, and you, Walt, are the man to do it. If I see another tourist with that smug look on their face as they drive on by in one of those disgusting cars or boats(or whatever they are), I might just go insane.

Where can I make a donation? I desperately need to get involved.

claire said...

Walt-- I was just wondering how I can make my neighborhood into a "No-Quack-Zone". It would probably raise the value of our real estate a lot! Could you let us know in a future post?

Philthy Rich said...

Its about time! It goes without saying that its extremely irritating when I'm out to eat with my friends and our conversation gets interrupted by that infamous quacking.

It doesn't stop there, though. I work at a restaurant that seems to draw in a lot of the Philly tourists... and when you're busy serving tables and a family with 4 children comes in fully equipped with those quackers, I want nothing more than to smash those things with the plates as I set them down at the table. Argh.

Amy said...

What your doing is ridiculous. Philadelphia is a growing city and part of that is because of the tourism we receive. Ride the Ducks contributes to the cause.

If you have a problem with the tourism, you might want to just move out of the city - go live in the mountains or something where you won't deal with the "annoying" tours. Or wait... will the real ducks quacking drive you crazy too?

Anonymous said...

Tourism is fine - it does help improve our city... but why the hell do we need constant quackage? There are plenty of other tours that take people around our city without causing such a noisy disruption. I don't care if it is more fun for kids or whatever... its annoying.

molly said...

Amy-- I agree that tourism is important to our city's growth. But don't you get the feeling that those duckboats are TRYING to annoy all the natives? They're constantly taunting people with their quackers. If you're going to come into the city and start giving tours, you should have a good rapport with the city you're touring. The duckboats show no sign of wanting that at all. They just want to get on everybody's nerves and make a lot of money while they're at it.