11/14/07

One Man City Hall Protest

A friend of mine made a sign for me: It has the words “Quack! Quack!” crossed out with a big red X", and below it theres the Shut the Duck Up! logo.

I stood outside city hall today with the sign. A bunch of people asked me what this whole “Shut the Duck Up!” thing was about and after I told them they signed my petition. A few other people gave me weird looks. I kept on looking for the Mayor (having his signature would be a big deal), but he never showed up. Eventually a cop hassled me and told me to move. I didn’t want any trouble so I went on my way, but all in all it was a pretty sucessful protest!

4 comments:

molly said...

My brother has some connections with the Mayor's office. If you'd like, I can probably arrange some sort of meeting or just get his signature for you. Let me know and keep up the good work!

alyssa said...

You should mass produce those signs...I want one!

HaloBender84 said...

After class on my way to the subway, I made my usual walk through City Hall and saw you protesting with your sign and quackers. You definitely got a lot of heads turning including mine. I live on South Street and absolutely HATE those Ride The Ducks! Anything to stop the quacking and annoying music I'm with 100%!

espn045 said...

I bet the cops and the ducks are in cahoots...